Kathryn's Roasted Pumpkin Risotto is always such a winner with my family and with dinner guests that when I saw the Honey-Baked Pumpkin Risotto recipe on taste.com I knew I had to convert it ASAP!. It was of course just as delicious as I thought it would be. Full of rich flavour and perfect as a entree, side or main. Yum!
Ingredients (serves 4)
900g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
2 tbsp organic olive oil
1 tbsp honey (for drizzling)
2cm piece ginger – peeled
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 celery stalks, washed and quartered
40g organic olive oil
220g arborio rice
160g white wine
1 tbsp vegie stock concentrate
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
2 tbsp mascarpone (or softened cream cheese) plus extra to serve
Salt and pepper
Honey (to serve)
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Place chopped pumpkin in an even layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle with honey, tossing well to coat each piece. Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked and golden. Start cooking the risotto with the directions below whilst the pumpkin is baking.
3. Add ginger to the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 6. Add onion and celery and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add oil and sauté for 3 minutes on 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
5. Add rice and wine and cook for a further minute.
6. Add stock concentrate and water and continue to cook for 16 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
7. Tip risotto into thermoserve and use spatula to stir through lemon juice, pumpkin, parsley, marscapone and salt and pepper. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with a dollop of mascarpone, a drizzle of honey and extra parsley.